Subject: Memory Protection Error and system call info
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: None <Manikandan97@netscape.net>
List: tech-kern
Date: 08/06/2002 12:17:15
Hi All,

I would to catch the memory protection error occurred for the userland process inside kernel and get some info abt that userland process before it is removed from the memory and active process list(allproc list).

Is there way to catch memory protection error occurred for a userland process inside the kernel ?

Which is the right place in the kernel to catch this memory protection error ?

I understand that Signals (like SIGUSR1/SIGUSR2) can be used to inform asynchronous kernel events to userland process. Is there any other method that i can use for informing asynchronous events from kernel to userland processes ?

Where i can find the document/howto for adding the new system calls in the kernel ?. There is a refrence for the same in Kernel FAQ. But it did n;t give much info.

Thanks & Regards,
Mani.