Subject: Re: NCR53c90 docs, anyone?
To: Izumi Tsutsui <tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp>
From: Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@netbsd.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 12/01/2001 16:54:33
Izumi Tsutsui wrote:
> > NCR53c9x chips (except AM53c974) do not have DMA engine in it,
> > so MCA SCSI would have some other stuff for DMA.
> > You might have to search another doc.
>
> I found Linux driver (linux/drivers/scsi/mca_53c9x.c) seems to have
> some description about NCR 86C01 (which is "an MCA interface chip").

Ah, thanks for info. I somehow completely missed this one,
even through I've looked in the Linux sources for such driver :)

That seems to have some info I didn't have before (way to kick
off the 81C01 processor), and it seems the 'esp'-like registers
are offset by 0x10. I'll try if that helps.

Note I've tried the driver to use PIO mode, following the pcmcia
code. That didn't work either, I didn't receive any interrupts
in that case too.

Jaromir
--
Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@NetBSD.org> http://www.NetBSD.org/Ports/i386/ps2.html
-=  Those who would give up liberty for a little temporary safety deserve  =-