Subject: Re: Loading DSP code from an LKM
To: Jared D. McNeill <jmcneill@invisible.yi.org>
From: gabriel rosenkoetter <gr@eclipsed.net>
List: tech-kern
Date: 09/28/2001 00:55:44
--cmVHo2jXx4bdYlgS

On Thu, Sep 27, 2001 at 11:35:08PM -0300, Jared D. McNeill wrote:
> Ideally, I would contact the author of the GPL'd code and ask him or her
> to relicense it for me. Unfortunately, the copyright holder is nowhere to
> be found, so I need to do it another way. LKMs seemed to be the easiest
> solution for me; if you can think of a better way to do it, please share.

What's broken about loading them in with an ioctl? It could (and
must, in light of the securelevel business) all be done through rc,
no?

I guess it's not a huge deal... just that, somewhere down the line
someone may stick an audio card with an ESS chip on it in a macppc (or
anywhere else LKMs can't be built) and find that this particular
part of NetBSD isn't actually portable.

--=20
       ~ g r @ eclipsed.net

--cmVHo2jXx4bdYlgS