Subject: Re: 'vendor' top-level MIB for sysctl
To: Andrew Brown <atatat@atatdot.net>
From: Dominik Rothert <dr@astorit.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 12/27/2000 19:39:43
Andrew Brown <atatat@atatdot.net> wrote:

> >Are there any objections to adding the 'vendor' top-level name
> >to the sysctl MIBs?
> just a stylistic note, but i think that if the vendor top level name
> is added, vendors should at least "attempt" to "register" their vendor
> name under it and stuff their own mibs underneath *that*.

I agree with you. That way, it's possible to distinguish completely
between the default system MIBs and vendor specific MIBs, what is in my
opinion really important in order to keep the system clean.

-Dominik

--
/*  Dominik Rothert         |           dr@astorit.com  *
 *  A S T O R I T           |  http://www.astorit.com/  *