Subject: Re: ncr53cxxx driver design issues
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@sibyte.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 04/21/2000 10:46:49
bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr (Manuel Bouyer) writes:
> On Fri, Apr 21, 2000 at 11:55:05AM +0200, Johan Danielsson wrote:
> > Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr> writes:
> >
> > > Don't know. Anyone with a solaris or DU machine with a NCR53x8xx
> > > controller in it ?
> >
> > The DU driver was/is called (p)siop; the newer one for the IntraServer
> > OEM:ed cards is called itpsa. I think the Solaris driver for 8[27]5 is
>
> Any idea of what itpsa stands for ?

recent DEC/Digital add-in card SCSI adapters seems seem to go by the
names:

where bus == P for PCI, T for TurboChannel, SA == SCSI adapter.

in this case, i'd guess that "it" == Intraserver Technology", which
seems to be the name of the company.  8-)

The other similarly-named one which stands out in my mind (because we
had a lot of them running around CMU) was the KZ[PT]SA, which were an
NCR siop of some type, sitting behind a '960 IIRC.

never could get docs on them...

cgd