Subject: RE: FS behaviour on error
To: None <"'hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de'">
From: Andy Sporner <andy.sporner@networkengines.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 04/10/2000 15:10:56
Since I am new to this group I have a question with respect
to this.

I see many suggestions about changes to BSD (I am not sure how
much of a change this is--if any).

How sacred is the implementation of BSD?  I have posted a
request for comments about PID's and heard nothing so I am
presuming that there isn't a big religous issue about possible
changes.

What exactly is the stand of the BSD group?  I happen to
think this idea below is a good thing if we don't have it,
with respect to filesystem behaviour.

I apologize for some of any of my possible ignorance.  I have
been mostly in the Linux arena, and previously mostly System/V,
so I am still working on the particulars of BSD, so please be
patient.

Cheers

Andy