Subject: Re: UNIX Weenies Are Generally Bad Guys
To: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
From: Frank Warren <clovis@home.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/17/1999 22:37:11
<Big Snip>
>I play chess.  I play go.  I play the piano.  I read SF.  What is the
>point of any of those?
>
>I enjoy them.
>
>And I enjoy using and hacking on NetBSD.  If other people enjoy using
>it and/or hacking on it, well, cool.  Insofar as it's not incompatible
>with having a neat system to play with, I'd like to see it have users -
>but I am *not* interested in desktop share at the cost of making it a
>system I no longer enjoy playing with, or I'd be off using Windows.  If
>the Project chooses to go that way someday, that's the day it and I
>will part ways.
>
> der Mouse

Why can't you have both?  Why can't any BSD flavor, or Linux for that
matter, curry the favor of people who will also develop applications?  It is
my contention that, beyond the obtuse docs, no flavor of Unix is inherently
harder to use than Windoze.

If it's just to hack on, well, fine.  Perhaps I'll start a flavor that is
what is pretends to be -- HobbyBSD.

:-)

Frank