Subject: Re: as long as we're hitting FFS...
To: Thor Lancelot Simon <tls@rek.tjls.com>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@nas.nasa.gov>
List: tech-kern
Date: 03/23/1999 16:49:10
On Tue, 23 Mar 1999, Thor Lancelot Simon wrote:

> Basically, if we're going to introduce a "new FFS", maybe it'd be better
> to do so for more than one fairly small (if useful and cool) change.  I
> don't think we should bump the magic number for just this, not in a
> public release at least.

We didn't think we were introducing a "new FFS", just an ffs with larger
inodes and a few things thrown in them. That's why we didn't think it was
as huge a deal as it seems to have become.

All of the fs behavior, as related to the fields in struct dinode, remains
the same.

Obviously this mindset wasn't clear in my EMail... Sorry.

Take care,

Bill