Subject: Re: PCI I/O address allocation
To: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@netbsd.org>
From: Todd Whitesel <toddpw@best.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 11/26/1998 06:23:58
> In general, we need a better way to do PCI bus reconfiguration
> (i.e. BAR reprogramming), because more and more PCs aren't completely
> configuring their PCI busses...
>
> It's non-trivial to do it right, though.

True enough, but the OpenBIOS project folks are going to get around to
tackling it sooner or later. Their URL went by on SlashDot a few days ago.

I'm on their mailing list now. There seems to be a lot of interest in
non-x86 machines, so I've finally begun to hope that we might be able to
realistically abolish the PC BIOS someday soon...

Todd Whitesel
toddpw @ best.com