Subject: Re: FreeBSD Bus DMA
To: None <dyson@freebsd.org>
From: Perry E. Metzger <perry@piermont.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/12/1998 02:37:18
"John S. Dyson" writes:
> Perry E. Metzger said:
> >
> > "John S. Dyson" writes:
> > > I demand an apology, for your public lies.
> >
> > Which lies would these be, Mr. Dyson?
> >
> Your intentional misquotes that reflect badly on my
> observation about performance.  You keep saying something
> that I DIDN"T SAY.

It isn't obvious to anyone I've just asked what the distinction
between my paraphrase of your comments and your comments has
been. Perhaps you meant something different, but certainly the text
you posted did not articulate that difference in any way that would
make my understanding of your text an unreasonable one.

> There is a big difference between
> your generalization, and what I really said.  If you
> have any functioning thought process, (which I assume
> that you do), the only other explaination is a lie.

Perhaps, John, another explanation might be that you need to take a
remedial English composition course. Just because others cannot
understand what you are saying does not always mean that it is they
who are at fault. It is a poor workman who blames his tools, and a
poor writer who blames his readers. In spite of several dozen
messages, I have yet to see any obvious difference between my
assertions about what you have said and the textual presentation you
have made of your assertions, and it is not for lack of trying.

.pm