Re: xvifX.Y vs sysctl_create() returning 22 (EINVAL)

On Wed, 12 Jan 2011 10:25:19 +0100, "Christoph Egger" <Christoph_Egger%gmx.de@localhost> wrote:
On Tue, Jan 11, 2011 at 02:52:17AM +0100, Jean-Yves Migeon wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> Due to the syntax currently used for xvif(4) interfaces, their creation
> during a domU start results in the following messages logged:
>
> Jan 10 00:02:26 paris /netbsd: xvif108.0: could not attach sysctl nodes > Jan 10 00:02:57 paris /netbsd: sysctl_createv: sysctl_create(xvif108.0)
> returned 22
>
> Consequently, the interface is not visible under net.interfaces in
> sysctl(7).

I still get this error with a HVM guest.

You will still get this error for all xvifX.Y interfaces currently, I did not make the change in xennetback_xenbus_create().

I am giving ~a month of delay for the things to settle (from a xentools perspective), to minimize breakage for -current.

I wonder whether I should ask for a pullup to 2010Q4; it is not a feature addition per-see, it's effectively a bug fix?

--
Jean-Yves Migeon
jeanyves.migeon%free.fr@localhost