Re: Bridging with WLAN interface

Manuel Bouyer wrote:
On Tue, Aug 05, 2008 at 10:58:36PM +0200, Marcin M. Jessa wrote:
Quentin Garnier wrote:
On Tue, Aug 05, 2008 at 09:00:13PM +0200, Marcin M. Jessa wrote:
[...]
Any idea why this isn't working? This is very strange.
802.11 is not 802.3 even if it's designed to act quite like it.  iwn(4)
would have to make associations for all adresses it is bridging for.  I
don't know if there is work currently to add such bridge capability
to our net80211 layer in infrastructure mode.

Ok, thanks. So if my option is NATing, is there any reason why we don't have xen/scripts/vif-nat ?

There is vif-ip. NAT is just a special case of IP routing, I don't think
it needs a different script.

Exactly, I just discovered I can do the same with the if-bridge script.
Please let me know if there is a better way of doing this:

Like I said I just used "bridge mode" and created an interface I know would not get occupied by anything else - tap100 :

# cat /etc/ifconfig.tap100
inet 192.168.0.1 netmask 255.255.255.0

And I made tap100 member of bridge0 (the same one as XEN uses):

# cat /etc/ifconfig.bridge0
create
!brconfig $int add tap100
up

# brconfig -a
bridge0: flags=41<UP,RUNNING>
        Configuration:
                priority 32768 hellotime 2 fwddelay 15 maxage 20
                ipfilter disabled flags 0x0
        Interfaces:
                xvif1.0 flags=3<LEARNING,DISCOVER>
                        port 8 priority 128
                tap100 flags=3<LEARNING,DISCOVER>
                        port 5 priority 128
        Address cache (max cache: 100, timeout: 1200):

The tap100 has IP in the same network as my DomU hosts and is used as DomUs's default route.

Then I just simply NAT traffic from my DomU hosts on both my wired and wireless interface using PF:

# Macros
wired_if="wm0"
wlan_if="iwn0"
xen_if="tap100"
xen_net="192.168.0.0/24"

nat on $wired_if from $xen_net to any -> ($wired_if)
nat on $wlan_if from $xen_net to any -> ($wlan_if)

Cheers,
Marcin.