Subject: Re: NetBSD-Current/XEN3 : XM CREATE problem
To: KlinT <klint@klintcentral.net>
From: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Rainer_Brinkm=F6ller?= <rainer.brinkmoeller@web.de>
List: port-xen
Date: 07/16/2006 19:46:10
KlinT schrieb:

> my config file is "test" :
>
> #-----------------------------------------------------------------------
> -----
> kernel = "/root/netbsd-INSTALL_XEN3_DOMU"
> # kernel = "/root/netbsd-XEN3_DOMU"
> # ramdisk = "/boot/initrd.gz"
> # builder='linux'
> memory = 128
> name = "test"
> # List of which CPUS this domain is allowed to use, default Xen picks
> #cpus = ""         # leave to Xen to pick
> #cpus = "0"        # all vcpus run on CPU0
> #cpus = "0-3,5,^1" # run on cpus 0,2,3,5
> # vcpus = 1
> # vif = [ '', 'bridge=xenbr1' ]
> # vif = [ '', 'bridge=bridge0' ]
> # vif = [ '' ]
> # vif = [ '', 'bridge=xenbr0' ]
> disk = [ 'phy:/dev/wd0h,0x03,w', 'phy:/dev/cd0a,0x04,r' ]
> # disk = [ 'phy:/dev/wd0h,0x03,w' ]
> root = "/dev/wd0d ro"
> extra = "4"
> #-----------------------------------------------------------------------
> -----
>
> With this, I have successfully install NetBSD.DomU ...
>
> But at this point I still have no network :(

You'll find further information about xen virtual networking here:
http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/XenNetworking

First try something like this:

1. Add "vif = [ 'mac=aa:00:00:50:01:f0, bridge=bridge0' ]" to your
config file
2. Take a look inside /etc/xen/network
    There you can read:
    # However, it is simpler to create any network devices at system startup
    # via /etc/ifconfig.* scripts, e.g. if dom0 has a bge0 device and we
wish
    # to create a bridge0 device:
    #
    # /etc/ifconfig.bridge0
    # ------8<------8<------8<------8<------
    # create
    # !brconfig $int add bge0 stp bge0 up
    # ------>8------>8------>8------>8------
    So, create /etc/ifconfig.bridge0 and insert this two lines,
    replace bge0 with the "name" of your network interface.
    In my environment (xen 2.0.7) this in /etc/ifconfig.bridge0 did work
better:
    create
    !brconfig bridge0 add bge0
    !brconfig bridge0 up

3. In domU create a network interface config file /etc/xennet0 and
insert your network configuration,
    something like:
    inet 10.10.10.1 netmask 0xffffff00

    (of course the ip and subnetmask depends on what your environment is
configured)

> I've tried many configuration parameters in xend-config.sxp without
> any success

Don't change the xend-config.sxp now (maybe later if you understand what
happen here).

- Rainer