Re: VAXstation 4000/90 SCSI weirdness on 10 RC5

On Sat, Mar 23, 2024 at 01:16:15PM +0100, Johnny Billquist wrote:
> Which could be because a stalling disk maybe. I still suspect your disks...
> :-)

Even if all three disks have issues, I'd kinda expect the SCSI framework
to correctly time-out commands and free any associated buffers...

> Do you have any other disk you could try with. Also, do you have proper
> termination on the SCSI bus and so on?

It is of course possible it's the disks, and that all three of them have
the same issue, whatever it is.

Of course the bus is properly terminated, and the system runs perfectly
with just its system disk. It's been running like this 24/7 since
November, compiling -10 over and over again. And when a 2nd disk is
added, it's able to copy 10GB of data successfully before the problems
start....

I have bunch of spare SCSI drives in storage, but would have to look
specifically for something >9GB to be able to test this.

Since you mentioned you installed a 4k90 recently, did you by chance do
any extensive testing with more than one SCSI disk?

Hans

--
%SYSTEM-F-ANARCHISM, The operating system has been overthrown