Re: Patches in PRs [was Re: Bountysource campaign for gcc-vax]

On Tue, 29 Sep 2020, Mouse wrote:

> >> I've never had any problem there; I just include the patch in,
> >> typically, the "Fix" section of the PR.
> > Hmm, can I trust the web browser not to garble it though with the
> > form entry?  This seems rather fragile to me.
>
> Web browser??  I have no idea.  I use /usr/bin/send-pr, which sends
> mail.  (If I want to send-pr for a machine that doesn't have mail set
> up, I either use send-pr on it, tell it to save but not send, and
> manually copy it to somewhere I can send mail from - or run send-pr on
> a mail-capable machine and edit things like the Environment section as
> appropriate.)

 Hmm, I'd rather not set up e-mail on my VAX test machine, but I'll fiddle
with send-pr(1) and see what I can do with it.  It may take a little while
though as I prioritise things.  Thanks for the hint and the incentive!

 Are there any specific guidelines for the change description to follow?
Many projects have them these days.

 BTW there's something about my e-mail set up hacks (hopefully temporary,
for what looks like another COVID-19 fallout) your MTA does not like, so
I'll have to stick to mailing lists to reach you.

  Maciej