Re: Bountysource campaign for gcc-vax

On 5/28/20 11:05 AM, Alexander Schreiber wrote:
>> Just provide an email address and a password and it will create an account. You
>> should be able to create an account anonymously.
>
> "Should" is the operative term here. I've been trying and while I get to the
> initial account creation, whenever I get to the "follow this emailed URL
> to verify your email address" it just times out, every time.

I don't understand why so many is so dismissive here. All I wanted to do is help
you with GCC for VAX and I'm getting back a lot of criticism because of something
that could be avoided by just using Github or Google for authentication.

Please don't forget that the ultimate goal is to save and update the VAX backend
so that NetBSD/VAX can continue to use modern versions of GCC. It would be a pity
if this effort would fail in the end for unrelated reasons.

I fully agree that the performance of the Bountysource website sucks. But it's
currently the only crowd-funding website that's known to work well and trustable.

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz
: :' :  Debian Developer - glaubitz%debian.org@localhost