Re: Native builds?

On Wed, Aug 29, 2018 at 04:16:29PM +0200, Johnny Billquist wrote:
> Ah, sorry for my confusion about port maintaner. I don't remember seeing
> anything from Matt in a while. Not sure if he is still doing work on this.
>
> And looking at gcc in the NetBSD tree, that fix is not in there. In fact,
> there is not even a ffssi2_internal. Only an ffssi2... So I'm wondering how
> much behind we actually might be... :-/
> But thanks for finding that one. I guess the answer is that we should update
> gcc for vax, but how that is tracked, and done, I have no idea.

I wouldn't have too high hopes - last time I tried a new gcc on vax it
didn't build at all. But good if somebody else is doing fixes there now.

We are at 6.4 in -current and 5.5 in netbsd-8 (for all architectures).

mrg is planing to update to the 7.x sometime in -current.

Is there an easy way to spot vax specific changes that happened in newer
gccs upstream? Might be worth to try and port them, but the github
log viewer is not a good tool for that ;-)

Martin