Subject: Re: GCC3 on VAX [was Re: Building current...]
To: Brian Chase <vaxzilla@jarai.org>
From: Matt Thomas <matt@3am-software.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 12/07/2003 14:33:17
At 02:06 PM 12/7/2003, Brian Chase wrote:
>On Sun, 7 Dec 2003, Matt Thomas wrote:

> > > Fair enough.  Who is leading up the overall GCC3 efforts?  If it
> > > will be helpful, I can offer aid with building and testing the
> > > compiler natively on a VAX.
> >
> > Thanks but it won't help.
> > I have a VS4000/90A for local builds and regressions.
> > It's the lack of time to work on it.
>
>At least you're well equipped for the task.  Do you know if one of the
>prerequisites for the 2.0 release is that all the platforms be supported
>with GCC3?

I'm vaguely familar with the requirements for 2.0. (after I am a member
of core@NetBSD.org).

>Anyway, when you get to the point of having something a bit more baked
>be sure to let us know.  (And thanks for your efforts.)

Don't worry, I will.

FWIW, I'm also now one of the maintainer of the gcc vax port.

--
Matt Thomas                     email: matt@3am-software.com
3am Software Foundry              www: http://3am-software.com/bio/matt/