Subject: Re: NS638 RAM
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: John Wilson <wilson@dbit.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/26/2003 10:23:40
From: Dave McGuire <mcguire@neurotica.com>

>Ahhh I love RK07s.  I hope to own one again someday.

Easily arranged!  I have two complete ones and one for parts, which I would
be *very* happy to give away to a good home (along with packs a-plenty).
They're in Troy, NY, USA, so shipping/pickup would have to be arranged from
there.  Somewhere in the mess I must still have my good RK611 too, I'd
include that.  I've definitely seen my old fried RK611 recently but that
doesn't really help...

>The 11/34a that
>I had while I was in high school had an RK07...I had to run extension
>cords into other rooms to run the machine off of three circuits in my
>grandmother's apartment. :-)

Yeah, I had to do something similar with my second 11/34a (since the space
with the good wiring was already taken).  When I had the RK07s set up though,
I just made an adapter which plugged into a 220V dryer outlet and put the
11/34a's twist lock on one leg and the regular 15A outlets for the two RK07s
(JAKE: and ELWOOD:) on the other.  The machine was in a laundry room anyway,
and we had no washer/dryer, so that outlet was there plus the nice water
pipes for grounding.

John Wilson
D Bit