Subject: Re: NS638 RAM
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Dave McGuire <mcguire@neurotica.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/25/2003 02:52:00
On Tuesday, March 25, 2003, at 02:30 AM, der Mouse wrote:
>>> Unless you're willing to live with just the on-board 1M, you will
>>> also want memory boards, which call for CD-interconnect slots.  The
>>> most Q/CD slots I know of occur in the BA123[%], with four, [...]
>
>> There were LSI-11 backplanes with nothing but CD-interconnect slots,
>> 9 slots as I recall.  Qbus on AB, interconnect on CD.
>
> The CD interconnect is standard?  I had been assuming it was something
> MicroVAX-specific.

   Oh yes, absolutely.  Some Qbus peripherals that were clearly designed
only for use in PDP-11s *require* a backplane with a CD interconnect.
The RLV11, a two-board RL01/02 controller, comes to mind.  Further, it
will smoke (literally) if plugged into a Q-Q backplane.  Don't ask me
how I know this.

           -Dave