Subject: Re: Digital Drivers
To: None <wysoft@extremecode.org>
From: Michael Kukat <michael@bsdfans.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/24/2003 09:01:15
Hi !

On Sun, 23 Mar 2003 wysoft@extremecode.org wrote:
> I see that the drive has no resistor packs installed, so it's not able to
> terminate itself. The VAX internal SCSI cable isn't terminated in any way, is
> it? It doesn't look like it.

In the 4000 VLC, the cable starts at the controller end (system board), touches
the hrad disk and goes directly to the rear of the box, the connector for more
devices. Here is where your terminator goes.

> I don't have any SCSI terminators, so I can't really check to see if this is
> the problem. It's no big deal anyway. I just hate wasting good hard disks!

SCSI terminators should be in the toolbox of everyone screwing around with such
hardware :)

...Michael

--
http://www.unixiron.org/    Home Powered by: (Net|Open|Free)BSD IRIX NonStop-UX
Solaris AIX HP-UX Tru64 MUNIX Ultrix VMS SINIX Dolphin_Unix OpenStep MacOS A/UX