Subject: Re: Observations on NetBSD VAX on old machines.....
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/09/2003 01:29:24
> Max is 16M, two 8M boards will give you that.

Ah, perhaps the KA630 experience my memory is relying on was before 8M
boards, or we just didn't have any, or something.  Or perhaps I'm just
plain misremembering; it _was_ a long time ago.

> When 16M is present the on-board 1M disables.

Ah, that explains that.

> You can run 2 x 4 and 1 x 8 or 2 x 8.  If you run 3 4M boards in the
> BA123 you get 13M.

You can run three RAM boards?  The little private bus cable has had
only three connectors in every system I've seen, two for RAM plus one
for the CPU.  Do you have to make a 4-connector cable, or what?

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign