Subject: Re: Boot a 4000/100
To: Michael <lion@apocalypse.org>
From: Michael Kukat <michael@bsdfans.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 10/14/2002 08:56:13
Hi !

On Sun, 13 Oct 2002, Michael wrote:
> The first question is does any NetBSD version run on a MV 4000/100?
> http://www.netbsd.org/Ports/vax/models.html lists several models
> of 4000 but not the 4000/100.
>
> I tried using the NetBSD 1.6 ISO image to boot my 4000/100 and it just
> hangs:

Several NVAX machines are not yet capable to boot from hard disk. But maybe my
port for those newer machines supports your machine out of the box, maybe i
have to add som things to the kernel sources. You could try to netboot 1.6 on
this machine, and send me the output of dmesg. Besides this, i need the output
of the following prom commands:

E/I 3e
E/P 20040004

The KA?? machine ID
The name of the machine (MicroVAX 4000/100?)

So i can check the sources and maybe you get a working kernel the next days, if
1.6 doesn't work currently.

But you have to netboot it currently, until i hacked the PROM routines for this
(have to find the time to start this).

...Michael

--
http://www.bsdfans.org/     Home Powered by: (Net|Open|Free)BSD IRIX NonStop-UX
Solaris AIX HP-UX Tru64 MUNIX Ultrix VMS SINIX Dolphin_Unix OpenStep MacOS A/UX