Subject: Re: Stuck tape in TK50 drive... how to remove?
To: None <NA4G@aol.com>
From: Gunther Schadow <gunther@aurora.regenstrief.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/18/2002 22:09:31
NA4G@aol.com wrote:

> One of my tapes stuck in a TK50 drive.  The usual
> push 4x on the button did nothing.  Powering off
> and back on did nothing.  How can one force a
> rewind on these things, either from the OS
> or from a bench setup with power on the drive?

Oh my, what are you doing! I had some situation that
looked like that before, you may need to give it
some time. Is there any light coming on on the
push button? May be the drive is without power?
It should do some reasonable reset sequence sometime.
Don't use force and be patient. Of course it might
not help.

good luck
-Gunther

--
Gunther Schadow, M.D., Ph.D.                    gschadow@regenstrief.org
Adjunct Assistant Professor        Indiana University School of Medicine