Subject: Re: 'tis christmas again :-)
To: Lord Isildur <mrfusion@argonath.vaxpower.org>
From: Gunther Schadow <gunther@aurora.regenstrief.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/02/2002 22:16:24
Lord Isildur wrote:

> Maybe try 4.2, since the source for that exists?
> I dont have an ultrix/vax machine handy for compiling a kernel though..
> (well, i do, but the only ultrix/vax machine i have is running 3.0, not
> useful for building 4.2 stuff... plus its an ass-slow uv2 with an RD54)
> isildur

Hehe, well, as soon as I got my *last* VMS trouble solved with the
"volume is not software enabled" crap, I can format my RD disk and
then can put on Ultrix 4.1 and then compile the 4.2 sources. And guess
what kind of machine I'm doing this with? My only VAX that I can
actually use: an ass-slow uv2 :-)

You gotta love it!
-Gunther

--
Gunther Schadow, M.D., Ph.D.                    gschadow@regenstrief.org
Adjunct Assistant Professor        Indiana University School of Medicine