Subject: vaxstation 3100 (ka42-a) bootprom woes
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Antti Kantee <pooka@iki.fi>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/24/2002 00:49:06
I started playing around with a VAXstation 3100 that was been lying
around my house for quite a while. After quite some fiddling I finally
managed to get output on my VT, and for a moment thought I was
victorious. But alas..

After doing the selftests, which all are succesful AFAICT (it prints
"x..." for all x in range of F .. 1), it just dumps a list onto the
screen:

? x 0101 0101.0101

where x again runs through the values F .. 1. This happens around
5minutes after turning the power on. After that the box just sits there,
and as far as I can tell there there's no activity. The debug-leds 7 and
8 burn brightly. I've been unsuccesful in attempts to break into the
bootprom at any time.

Has anyone seen a similar situation, and even better yet: solved it. Or
has this box come to the end of its road?

ps. please cc me

--
Antti Kantee <pooka@iki.fi>                     Of course he runs NetBSD
http://www.iki.fi/pooka/                          http://www.NetBSD.org/