Subject: Re: I *must* be doing something really wrong, stupid, or both......
To: Gunther Schadow <gunther@aurora.regenstrief.org>
From: Johnny Billquist <bqt@update.uu.se>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/29/2002 16:43:29
On Tue, 29 Jan 2002, Gunther Schadow wrote:

> You don't need DHCPD for network booting! bootpd and NFS is
> *all* you need.

dhcpd and bootp speaks the same language. Pick one or the other. But I'd
recommend dhcpd, since it's a superset of bootp. If you use bootp, you
need some other silly way of telling what address, dns server, and a bunch
of other things should be used...

I actually think that bootp is officially "obsolete".

	Johnny