Subject: Re: I *must* be doing something really wrong, stupid, or both......
To: Brian Chase <bdc@jarai.org>
From: Gunther Schadow <gunther@aurora.regenstrief.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/29/2002 10:32:57
You don't need DHCPD for network booting! bootpd and NFS is
*all* you need.

The timeout on bootpd requests should be far longer than
the response time of even a slow machine. I always use tcpdump
when I feel like things are stuck somewhere.

-Gunther

--
Gunther Schadow, M.D., Ph.D.                    gschadow@regenstrief.org
Adjunct Assistant Professor        Indiana University School of Medicine