Subject: Re: Qbus IDE adapter implementing MSCP
To: John Maier <jmaier@midamerica.net>
From: chd <chd_1@nktelco.net>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/21/2002 13:28:15
"John Maier"  wrote:
>Since I really don't know how MSCP works, I'm going to
have to dig out some of my old DEC
>books and see if I can find the spec..

To get an idea of the complexity of MSCP, you
might look at the implementation in the Supnik
simulator SIMH. It now includes RQDX3 emulation.

As far as documentation, it does not seem that any
was ever made publicly available in the detailed
form that would be necessary. At least I have not
seen it online anywhere. Comments in the NetBSD
MSCP device driver also hint at the lack of
reference material.

Documentation must exist though. I have to believe
that Mr. Supnik had something more than his memory
to work from.

>jam

-chuck