Subject: Re: how many vaxen?
To: Dave McGuire <mcguire@neurotica.com>
From: Russell Pavlicek <rcpavlicek@yahoo.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 12/11/2001 05:08:37
Weird for a management rag?  Yes.

But then Carl Marbach and Dave Mallery were not your
standard publishing mogels.  Mallery was a techie, as
I recall.  DEC Professional had one or two articles
per issue that had DCL tricks, etc.  The rest was
big-picture stuff.  VAX Professional and RSTS
Professional, though, were hardcore techie stuff.
Lots of code appeared in those pages.  I typed in
many, many programs from those pages.

Something in there once prompted me to implement
BAGELS (the classic 3-digit Mastermind-type program)
in TECO.  (What strange thoughts occupy the young!
8^)

Ah, the memories...

-- Russ Pavlicek