Subject: Re: Read carefully :-)
To: NetBSD Vax Port <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: GNUOrder <gnuorder@tampabay.rr.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 09/22/2001 20:28:23
On Friday 21 September 2001 12:08, you wrote:
> On Fri, 21 Sep 2001, Chuck McManis wrote:
> > So has anyone else seen Ebay item #1276930331 ? I was interested beca=
use
> > I have never heard of a MicroVAX II/RC. Turns out if you look at the
> > pictures there is a PDP-11 CPU in there (looks like the 11/73). Now, =
that
> > makes it less interesting, but now take a closer look at the picture =
of
> > the cards... Hmmm a Q-bus card with "CMD" on it and a 50 pin ribbon c=
able
> > connected to a SCSI drive.
>
> =09RC stands for Reduced Configuration - DEC took a standard uVaxII
> =09and poured resin into half the Q-bus slots, stuck a new badge on
> =09the front and sold it for less... and then was surprised when
> =09there was a rush on replacement Q-bus backplanes...

I think earlier or perhaps later they would only populate half the backpl=
ane=20
with slots.  The slots came in blocks of 1x4 or 2x4 slots.  I dont quite=20
remember.  I have one of the old half populated backplanes if I haven't=20
thrown it out and I think I have some of the blocks of slots with it.  I =
may=20
also be able to get some full backplanes from my old boss.   I assume we =
are=20
talking about the BA11-23.