Subject: RE: VAX 4000 60 ... anything strange to get NetBSD up on it?
To: None <RSchilling@affiliatedhealth.org>
From: None <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/27/2001 23:59:46
On 27 Jun, Schilling, Richard wrote:

> Can you confirm which port to use (describe it's markings/physical location
> on the box) when you set that switch?  Thanks.
As usual: It is the MMJ connector at the back.

>> Yes, I think you could get a mounting kit to put a CD-ROM there.  I've
>> never personally seen one with anything installed there though.
You can put a regular SCSI disk in the CDROM bay as well. Yust drill
four holes into the mounting tray to screw the disk up to the mounting
tray. I did this to mount three disks in my VS4k90.

> How are you booting the machine?  BOOTP?
mop + dhcp/bootp like every VAX:
http://www.de.netbsd.org/Documentation/network/netboot/intro.vax.html
--

tschüß,