Subject: Re: Vaxen List Update...
To: Ken Seefried <ken@seefried.com>
From: Wolfgang Rupp <rupp@chello.at>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/18/2001 22:30:39
Ken Seefried wrote:

> I'm afraid I'm also something of a disappointment.  I've got a single
> 3100/40 (VS42S-JA) in the VAX department.

I also started with a small 3100M38. After all, I had to convince my
SO that VAXen are neither evil nor big, nor, deity forbid, LOUD :-)
I could not convince her that I need the 6000 that was available here.

Now it is:
VS3100
MV2000 and extension box
MVII with 3 RD54. I have no idea how to access the third.
DECsystem 5500 with RF72 drives: *impressive* noise pattern, no NetBSD.
 -> still looking for a VAX CPU to convert it to a VAX.
PDP-11/23+
Pro/380 with monitor. Up for grabs if somebody needs a console!
 It is really in the way, but I do not want ot put it on ebay.

If anybody wants an IEEE bus card to play, I have two of these things,
one in the PDP, one in the MVII. The lab I got the machines from ran
data gathering equipment on them. Home automation by MVII anyone?

Wolfgang