Subject: Re: VAX now runs multicpu!
To: None <tls@rek.tjls.com>
From: Gunther Schadow <gunther@aurora.regenstrief.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/30/2001 21:08:57
Thor Lancelot Simon wrote:
> > What about the 11/785? It should be
> > 4 x 1 VUP, right? Has anyone ever seen one?
>
> I think you have the model numbers mixed up.

Yes, I have. I recall some VAX history web page said that 780 was
one processor 782 was two and 785 was 4 processors, I did wonder
about this inconsistent counting.

> Architecturally this is a rather strange beast; not really like the SMP
> machines NetBSD currently runs on.  Support might be quite a bit of work.

that's allright, I certainly don't need that :-)

-Gunther

--
Gunther Schadow, M.D., Ph.D.                    gschadow@regenstrief.org
Adjunct Assistant Professor        Indiana University School of Medicine