Subject: Re: Speed of Vaxstation 4000/60
To: None <cpg@aladdin.de>
From: Brian Chase <bdc@world.std.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/16/2001 19:31:05
On Fri, 16 Feb 2001 cpg@aladdin.de wrote:
> On 02/16/2001 01:05:13 PM EST Brian Chase wrote:

> >Does NetBSD/vax enable the primary and secondary cache for this model of
> >VAX?  VUPS-wise, the VS4000/60 is rated at 12.0 whereas the VS3100/M76 is
> >rated at 7.6.  The VS4000/60 should be noticeably faster.
>
> What's the tool to measure VUPS?

Actually, I should have said VUPs.  VUP stands for VAX Unit of Performance
with the VAX 11/780 being the reference platform rated at 1 VUP.  With 1
VUP being nearly the same at a rating of 1.0 MIPS. I'm sure DEC had some
performance suite for rating their systems, but I'm not aware of any
benchmarks that determine a VUP rating for a system.

-brian.
--- Brian Chase | bdc@world.std.com | http://world.std.com/~bdc/ -----
This program posts news to thousands of machines throughout the entire
civilized world.  Your message will cost the net hundreds if not thousands
of dollars to send everywhere.  Please be sure you know what you are doing.