Subject: sysinst, VS-3100 CD Boot
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Ian Harding <iharding@pakrat.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/10/2001 19:05:31
Please forgive me if my other two posts actually make it to the list.  I
have not seen hide nor hair of them, so I am assuming they disappeared
into the ether.

I have successfully attached a very old HITACHI CD to my VS3100 M10 and
booted Wasabi NetBSD 1.5.  Hooray.

Once I see the sysinst screen, where I get to choose my options, the
thing stops recognizing keyboard input.  I have tried tinkering the
VT emulation, plugging it into different places, etc.

What I think I need to do is to somehow bypass sysinst, at least
initially, and see what is going on.

Can this be done?  It seems there must be a secret keystroke that will
stop it from coming up...

Thanks in advance,

Ian