Subject: Re: APOLOGIZES
From: Hugh Graham <hugh@openbsd.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/09/2001 02:31:19
On Fri, Feb 09, 2001 at 09:18:32AM +0100, NetBSD mailing list wrote:

> I Apologize to have been asking a OpenBSD VAX related question in this
> group, after all I understand how come many of you is angry with Theo,
> I also had a discussion with him on the OpenBSD mailing list.
>
> Regards
>
> Rick

I'm not sure such contrition is required, Rick.. Your question was
pretty innocent, and followed several mentions of the collaboration
going on between NetBSD/vax associates and their OpenBSD counterparts.

Whether everyone likes it or not, the venerable port-vax@netbsd.org
mailing list has become a significant resource for vax enthusiasts
all over. Witness the number of CC's to classiccmp and its copious
links from the www. If I wanted to reach the widest possible audience
for opinions with some os on vax, I might have tried here myself.

Oh and Bob, it's not so much primitive as nascent, yet NetBSD/vax has
already benefited from OpenBSD/vax's existence. From emodd emul to
get your modf() working, to direct cooperation on Cheetah machines,
and certainly many new things in the future.

Happy hacking,

/Hugh