Subject: Re: KDA50?
To: Tom Parker <tom@carrott.org>
From: Johnny Billquist <bqt@update.uu.se>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/04/2001 15:24:04
On 4 Feb 2001, Tom Parker wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm still having some trouble with my KDA50 and RA81 in a Microvax II

You have one of two problems, most likely.

1., You have a "gap" in the bus. You cannot have "holes" in the Q-bus,
like you can have in a PC. All cards must sit next to each other, and the
Q-bus does like a serpentine in the backplane. If you are unsure about how
the Q-bus works and looks, ask again.

2. Your KDA50 have the wrong address. All cards on a Q-bus have their own
address range. This can be changed, and is usually done by a number of
dip-switches on the card. The KDA50 should in your case be at address
172150(8). If it isn't there, NetBSD won't find it. NetBSD assumes that
the first MSCP controller is at that address.

I don't know if the switches for a KDA50 is documented anywhere on the
net. Try searching. I don't do much Q-bus stuff myself, being a Unibus
fan, so I can't help on this one.

	Johnny