Subject: Re: NetBSD 1.5 on uVAX II (Questions)
To: NetBSD Bob <nbsdbob@weedcon1.cropsci.ncsu.edu>
From: Johnny Billquist <bqt@Update.UU.SE>
List: port-vax
Date: 12/26/2000 21:42:10
On Tue, 26 Dec 2000, NetBSD Bob wrote:

> I hate to say it, since I don't want to be called a heretic, but,
> IMHO 1.5 and up will not be much fun on an MVII.  It is just too slow.
> The 1.5 suite runs just fine on my 3100 and up lines of machines.

Why the "up"? I've tried 1.5 and it isn't pretty, that much I agree with.
I'm currently playing some with 1.5.1_ALPHA, and it sure feels faster...

That being said, I'm still having problems with my machine. I get hangings
in biowait which never wakes up again. I suspect it might be a problem
with my CMD CQD-220 SCSi controller, but I'm also suspicious about the
MSCP driver... I'll see if I can find something now that I have a few days
off...

	Johnny