Subject: Re: VAXstation 3100 m38
To: None <nbsd@righi.dhs.org>
From: Frederik Meerwaldt <frederik@freddym.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 07/10/2000 15:33:02
> Hello,
Hi!

> I am relly involved in VAXes I got 2 VAXes now!
> I Want to try NetBSD on 3100 m38 I REad it is supported model.
> The thing is that I saw no S3 switch to make an installation from dumb

There is a S3 switch. It's the little hole at the back of the box between
the *look after the machine* Serial Port (MMJ RJ45-Clone) and the
Self-Test LEDs.

> console.... hte standard console should then work??

Don't know how far the console support already is.

> I Can boot off the CDROM ??

If you have a supported SCSI-CDROM Drive, it should work. I got it to work
with every SCSI CD-Rom drive, but perhaps I just had luck. With
>>> show device
you should see your devices.
Then you enter
>>> boot dkaXXX
where XXX will be replaced with the SCSI ID of your CD which you saw with
the sho dev command.

HTH,
	Freddy