Subject: Problems with 4000/200 again..
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Erno Palonheimo <esp@cc.hut.fi>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/29/2000 10:59:07
Greetings,

I finally managed to build a kernel from -current (today's sources),
but I'm experiencing quite strange behaviour with it. When I boot it
using the new-fashioned booter (which I have to load over network), it
does not give any messages whatsoever to the system console. It seems
to do something though, as a moment after booting there happens some
disk activity on the drive containing the root filesystem. When I halt
the system from console, the PC value suggests that the kernel is in
the idle loop. The system does not boot any further, though.. I doubt
that it ever loads even init. Has anyone else similar troubles?

And also I noticed that in order to compile in RAIDframe support you
have to apply s/booted_device/booted_from/g to
sys/dev/raidframe/rf_netbsdkintf.c :-)

--
--- Erno Palonheimo -- Helsinki University of Technology
----- esp@cc.hut.fi -- Computer Centre Administration