Subject: Re: VS4000/60 SCSI update
To: J. Buck Caldwell <buckaroo@igps.org>
From: Michael Kukat <michael@camaronet.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/31/2000 22:11:18
Hi !

On Fri, 31 Mar 2000, J. Buck Caldwell wrote:
> I wrote a (nearly) -current bootblock onto the drive, with a (nearly) -current /boot also, and it doesn't even show me the countdown. Speaking of the countdown, that doesn't work either, even when netbooting
> (but perhaps I'm using an older boot.mopformat). It just sticks at '5'. Works fine on my VS3100, but I may be getting version confusion here.

The countdown problem is not critical. Ok, you have to boot manually in this
case by pressing ENTER, but i found the problem of the 4000 series and the
countdown some time ago, it's just the console input routine. There doesn't
seem to be a version of this routine to just check for a char, the used
routine waits until a char is there. Maybe i find the problem sometime.

...Michael

--
 Michael@camaronet.de, Rottweil/Germany, http://www.camaronet.de
 Visit the german VAXpage: http://www.vaxpower.de