Subject: Re: Keyboard problem
To: Peter Joules <peter@joules0.demon.co.uk>
From: NetBSD Bob <nbsdbob@weedcon1.cropsci.ncsu.edu>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/22/2000 18:55:23
> I am using a VT320 as console on a MV3100 and have set $TERM to vt320.
> All appears to be working except that I can't get a hash sign.  The
> keycap shows both the pound sign and the hash as 'capital 3'.  When I
> hold down shift and press 3 '\xa3' appears on the screen.  Is this a
> problem anyone else has come across?  Am I doing something stupid?
>
> It is a little difficult to write C without a '#' :(

I routinely set all my VTthingies to emulate VT100 in the proms.
That way most things seem to work, and I can just declare a VT100
as login.  Don't we owe our ancient allegiances to the mystical VT100?

Speaking of decthingies.... anyone have a couple spare MFJ(?) cables?
I have two extra terminals I would like to hook up, but either I need
to rip off ma's fone cables, or scrounge up some real DECthings.
I would rather not spend the bucks yet for the crimper to do it myself
unless I had to.  Whatever floats up from the bilges would be fine.
Unfortunately, our local cable mongers get quizzled grins on their
faces when I walk in asking about them.  Surely, they can't be that
much unobtainium, yet.

Bob