Subject: Re: RZ23 problem, now with bonus RZ24!
To: Johnny Billquist <bqt@Update.UU.SE>
From: NetBSD Bob <nbsdbob@weedcon1.cropsci.ncsu.edu>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/22/2000 12:28:44
> Actually, I think it would be a rather decent behaviour if newfs perhaps
> by default didn't newfs filesystems that were already 4.2BSD (preferrably
> overridable) and didn't newfs at all a partition which overlapped any
> other partition that was marked as 4.2BSD.
>
> This could possibly be a lifesaver at times.

As long as there was a switch there or query there to force a newfs,
if desired.  Sometimes, I really do want to blow away anything previous,
as cleanly as I can, after botched installs, bad crashes, system burps,
admin stupidities, changing flavors of OS, etc.  IF newfs did not, then
that would leave a llfmt as the only recourse.

Bob