Subject: Re: VAXstation II/RC and Masscomp 5400 info?
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Carl Lowenstein <cdl@mpl.ucsd.edu>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/21/2000 13:25:39
> From: NetBSD Bob <nbsdbob@weedcon1.cropsci.ncsu.edu>
> Subject: Re: VAXstation II/RC and Masscomp 5400 info?
> Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 15:36:32 -0500 (EST)
> Cc: port-vax@netbsd.org
>
> > The VS II is a MicroVAX II (KA630) CPU in the BA23 chassis. Since it is a
> > VaxStation (as opposed to MicroVAX) it will have the VCB-xx video option.
> >

> There is one loose dangling coax cable inside that attaches to the
> top small 2x3 inch card on the back panel.  Where does that go?
> I looks as if it just went to a single pin header or else it got
> pulled out of something like a BNC connector.  Is that video?

The loose coax goes to a small connector on the QVSS video board.  If
you look carefully, you see that the connector is also coax.  The cable
socket is parallel to the plane of the board, and perpendicular to the
long edge at the handle end.

This means you have monochrome video, but that's not all bad.  It's
good that you still have the cable, it is easily lost and was hard to
get a replacement even when the MicroVAX was current production.

    carl