Subject: Re: serial console probs
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
From: Michael Kukat <michael@camaronet.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/20/2000 21:27:25
Hi !

On Thu, 20 Jan 2000, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> I've been able to steal a DB25 adapter for some time, so I've connected
> by vax to a vt100 and all is well.
> But I'd like to connect its serial console to ttyb of my sun3 and I can't get
> it working. I know ttyb works because I use it for a sparc and hp700 without
> troubles. with the vax I don't get anything. I tried both a simple nullmodem
> cable (only tx, rx, gnd connected) and a complete one, without luck.

I successfully drive my VAX 4000/300 with ttyb of my Sun Ultra60. So this
should be no problem. What i use ? A 25Pin Male-Male Gender changer, and this
25pin-MMJ converter. This should be all you have to do with the right adapter.
Sun uses female connectors, but with the usual pinout of PCs, which use male
connectors.

...Michael

--
 Michael@camaronet.de, Rottweil/Germany, http://www.camaronet.de