Subject: Re: MicroVAX 2000 boot crash
To: Wolfgang Rupp <rupp@chello.at>
From: Chris Tribo <t1345@hopi.dtcc.edu>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/06/2000 17:41:56
  Well the problem is definitly in wscons. Perhaps try doing a boot {dev}
and stop it in the primary bootloader. Then issue boot netbsd -s. I
haven't had my VAX running since the y2k rollover. If you're lucky it
should stop in sh before it runs the wscons configuration. Try disabling
wscons in rc.conf. You might also consider commenting out the screens in
/etc/ttys. If that doesn't do the tric, you may have to build a kernel
without the wscons definitions. Is this a psuedo-device in the makefile? I
haven't built a kernel on my VAXstation before, but I imagine that you can
get around your troubles with the right kernel configuration.

	Chris