Subject: BUG: process flushed twice
To: None <PORT-VAX@NETBSD.ORG>
From: Roger Ivie <IVIE@cc.usu.edu>
List: port-vax
Date: 09/27/1999 09:19:44
I gave up on my 3100/30 4MB as a diskfull station a week into a kernel build
with little visible progress. I gave up on it as a diskless station a week
into a kernel build with little visible progress. Last weekend I got around
to playing with my 4000/60 8MB system. The 4000/60 is headless (I've
misplaced the graphics card), so I'm using a serial console. It does a nice
job.

I'm netbooting the 4000/60 from an x86 NetBSD 1.4 box. I am booting 1.4.1
on the 4000/60. Of course, the first thing I did was build the kernel I
was working on for my 3100 tweaked slightly for the 4000/60 (config file
attached, less comments and blank lines). Since the 3100 at 4MB will
thrash at the drop of a hat, I didn't configure any ptys into the kernel.
I quickly decided that I wanted to be able to telnet into the 4000/60, so
I added "pseudo-device pty 8" to the attached configuration and went for
a new kernel build, running on the kernel corresponding to the attached
configuration. Things went along for a little while, until suddenly I
got:

BUG: process flushed twice

and that's all she wrote. I'm currently trying the kernel build from the
generic kernel. If that works, I'll try it again from the attached
kernel to see if it's repeatable.

Also, whenever I halt the 4000/60 I get

??CRPT - good256 is bad

from the console. Probably a FAQ, right?

I have not yet attempted -current. Should I?

Roger Ivie
ivie@cc.usu.edu
----------------------- DISKLESS -------------------------
include		"arch/vax/conf/std.vax"
options 	"VAX410"	# VS 2000
options 	"VAX43"		# VS 3100/76
options		"VAX46"		# 4000/60
maxusers	8
options         INET
file-system 	NFS
options 	NFS_BOOT_BOOTPARAM	# Use the Sun way for netbooting.
options 	SYSVMSG
options 	SYSVSEM
options 	SYSVSHM
options 	COMPAT_VAX1K	# Must be present to run pre-1.4 binaries.
options 	COMPAT_43
options 	COMPAT_09
options 	COMPAT_10
options 	COMPAT_11
options 	COMPAT_12
options 	COMPAT_13
options 	TCP_COMPAT_42
config netbsd root on ? type nfs
mainbus0	at root
cpu0		at mainbus0	# Only one CPU so far.
vsbus0		at mainbus0	# Internal "virtual" VAXstation bus
ln0		at vsbus0 csr 0x200e0000# LANCE
dz0		at vsbus0 csr 0x200a0000# DC-367
pseudo-device   loop	1