Subject: Re: /var/db/moundtab?
To: None <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
From: Chris Craft <ccraft@cmn.net>
List: port-vax
Date: 07/30/1999 12:08:51
Ok... I had already done all of this (I actually did RTFM before I
asked, really!), but I re-did it anyhow to no avail. When it tries to
swapon -A, it dies with boot:/usr/vax/uv2b/uv2b.swap File or directory
does not exist. (uv2b.swap is the name of my 16MB swap file.) My fstab
has the entry: boot:/usr/vax/uv2b/uv2b.swap none swap sw,nfsmntpt=/swap
0 0
Major frustration. I did a showmount -e boot, and the exports showed up
with the right names, paths and everything. My only theory is that NFS
doesn't like exporting a file from an exported directory(overlapping
exports). Any other clues/hints/obvious brain cramp?

Nochmal vielen Dank,
Chris.
ccraft@netgenius.org

jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de wrote:

> On 29 Jul, Chris Craft wrote:
>
> > except that I can't figure out how to get swap to mount.
> RTFM swapon (8) ;-)
> ---
> SWAP OPTIONS
<CHOP>