Subject: Booting MV2
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Andy <vax@laidback.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 07/28/1999 10:25:55
Hi, all,
  I'm stuck.  Several months ago I managed to get NetBSD/vax to
run on a pair of diskless VS3100's, without too much trouble,
but now I am trying to install on a MV2 (with disks).
The TK50 is broken, and I don't have the facility to create
boot tapes anyway.  It has RX50's and DEQNA network, and I was
wondering if anyone had come up with a system for getting a kind
of MOP loader onto a RX50 floppy so it could boot from a network?

It has MicroVMS 4.4 and 4.6 installed (on different disks) but I
don't have passwords and the SET/STARTUP OPA0: trick doesn't work.

Any help on this one appreciated!

Thanks,
    Andy [UK]